Are you an experienced Python Developer with excellent software development skills? Do you want to work in a high-end IT environment? Are you looking for a temporary opportunity within an international organisation? This might be you next interim job!
Our customer offers a blazing-fast and cutting-edge network and thanks to their terabit network 50 million people all over Europe can share record volumes of data unconstrained by location, solving some of mankind’s biggest challenges! Our customer plans, procures, builds and operates large scale, advanced high-speed networks for global research and education.
Working in cooperation with the European Commission and in partnership with Europe’s NRENs and international networking partners, they manage research and education worldwide networking projects.
• Software development in Python for their application responsible for the proxy software for bridging between various identity federation protocols;
• Backend development and integration with other components in this application;
• Error analysis and fixing of bugs;
• Development of microservices.
• In-Depth knowledge of the Python programming language;
• Experience with large, complex software projects;
• In-Depth understanding of federation protocols like SAML and OIDC;
• Technical networking knowledge;
• Ability to fluently speak and write in English;
• An interest in scientific research and the working practices in the academic community;
• Able to function well under stress and to work to deadlines;
• Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to successfully engage equally with both, inexperienced user communities and technical experts;
• Other Language skills;
• Knowledge of international networking initiatives;
• Knowledge and understanding of requirement gathering and feedback techniques;
• Self-disciplined and self-motivated;
• Proactive starter-finisher who will identify and work on tasks independently;
• Team player with ability to work in a fast changing and nuanced environment;
• Persuasive communicator and collaborator;
• Able to build and maintain trust between diverse groups across multiple cultural environments/ cultural sensitivity;
• Willingness and ability to learn quickly, often without the focus of formalised training;
• Willingness and ability to travel within Europe and occasionally world-wide.
An interim job within a high end IT environment for an international organisation.
Dorris van Duijn 076 – 57 20 200